In this episode I want to help you sort out everything related to leaders, managers, sponsors, mentors and coaches. All of these humans can be leveraged to help you take your career from where you are now to where you want to go. Especially if you’re super clear on where you want to go and you’re not afraid to share your career aspirations. But that is a whole lot easier to do when you know the difference between them and you’re clear on the role they can play in your career.
I tend to think of all of these people as part of my team, much like I consider the people who support me in my personal life as part of the team who help me live life in a way that feels fab for me.
How leaders, managers, mentors, sponsors and coaches can support you
We talk about these 5 different roles that can support your career growth and how;
- True leaders show up and lead no matter what.
- Managers direct the day to day work that should be brining the vision of the leaders to life.
- Mentors are really great for sharing their experience and telling you how to do a thing – but I don’t recommend mentors for all of my clients.
- Sponsors are the senior leaders within your workplace – and sometimes outside your workplace – who advocate on your behalf when you’re not there.
- Coaching is the opportunity for you to focus on you, your potential and your dreams and goals.
Listen to the episode here, or on your favourite podcast player.
Get your free workbook ‘Permission Granted: Foundation exercises for building your self-styled life’ https://www.janellewehsack.com/free-resources/
Book your zero-cost Streamlined Strategy callhttps://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=16605569
Connect on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/janelle.wehsack/
I really hope this episode helps you to get the right support for your career.
I’ll be back soon with another episode of Self.Styled.Life. But until then, stay fabulous xx